With the Build A Sensor Kit and lesson, students can dive deeper into learning about what a particle sensor is and how it works. Participants will learn about the various components that make up a particle sensor, the purpose of each piece, and then get to build a complete sensor themselves!
Participants will learn electronics concepts and introductory coding while also learning how to engineer their own sensor. After building their sensor, students are guided through testing their sensor and designing an experiment to measure indoor air quality.
These kits are completely reusable class after class and year after year!
Items included in the Build Your Own Sensor Kit:
• 4 wires
• Particulate matter (PM) detector
• PM detector cable/adapter
• Arduino board
• Arduino to computer USB cable
• Student (incomplete) and teacher (complete) versions of all code needed to run the air sensor
• NGSS aligned instructional curriculum, including a workbook for students and a teacher’s guide for instructors
• Support via helpdesk web site, email, and phone
You will also need access to a computer (not included in kit).
5 Sensor Build Kit
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.